Goodwill offers vocational training for those with disabilities
The Goodwill DRS Milestones Supported Employment program is designed to serve adults who are living with a disability. Individuals must currently be receiving services from the Department of Rehabilitation. However, there are some conditions that must be met before a person will be accepted into our Supported Employment program:
- Assessment and Career Planning – The program participant’s interests and goals are evaluated to determine and pursue desired employment. This is accomplished by multiple assessments and feedback.
- Vocational Preparation – Training on resume development, job fair attendance, interviewing, presentation, punctuality, etc.
- Job Placement – The program participant is assisted with the pursuit and acquisition of employment, via job opening location, resume distribution, application and successful interviewing.
- Job Retention – The program participant will be provided intensive on and off the job site support that will assist them in adjusting to the demands of the job. Quality standards and expectations from the employer will be determined, explained and expected. Reasonable accommodations are discussed and obtained, if necessary.
- Job Stabilization – This phrase will provide our participants with the support services needed to maintain gainful employment and achieve a successful.
To learn more about our services, please call the DRS Program Manager at 405-236-4451.