Supportive Services for Veteran Families
Goodwill Offers Supportive Services for Veteran Families
The Supportive Services for Veteran Families Program (SSVF) exists to provide temporary supportive services to very low-income Veteran families who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. Through SSVF rapid re-housing and homelessness prevention services, veteran households will be supported in maintaining long-term housing stability.
How it works:
Centralized intake is provided by Heartline 211 twenty-four hours a day seven days a week, where candidates are screened, unmet needs are assessed and identified, community referrals are provided, and/or eligible Veterans are referred for supportive services provided by Goodwill Industries of Central Oklahoma and/or Legal Aid Services of Oklahoma.
Services provided within the SSVF Program include:
- OUTREACH – Goodwill staff provides outreach services in the following counties: Canadian, Logan, Seminole, Lincoln, Pottawatomie, Cleveland, and Oklahoma. They also attend community functions and collaborate with additional veteran services providers to reach Veterans wherever they may be.
- CASE MANAGEMENT – Case managers with assist participants with matching unmet needs with resources both internally and externally. Case managers will assist the Veteran with creating and completing a personalized housing stability plan focused on long-term housing stability.
- EMPLOYMENT CONSULTANT – SSVF Participants will have access to specialized employment training, job readiness assistance, individualized employment counseling and skills assessment.
- BENEFITS SPECIALIST- S.O.A.R. certified and accredited Veteran Service Officer staff member will assist Veterans with obtaining benefits they are eligible to receive.
- HOUSING NAVIGATOR – Licensed Real Estate agent will provide Landlord-Tenant Mediation, Housing Counseling, inspections, and assistance finding a home that meets the needs of the Veteran household.
- LEGAL ASSISTANCE – Legal Aid Services of Oklahoma will provide each participant with individualized counseling services to help resolve housing barriers and assist with applying for public housing benefits.
Additional services include:
- Emergency Housing Stability Assistance
- Temporary Financial Assistance
- VA Benefits Assistance
- Public and Community Assistance
- Referrals to other services including: health care, health insurance, education services, daily living services, personal financial planning services and child care services.
For more information, please call the Operator at 405-278-7100 dial 211 for a referral.
Cost – free
Hours of Operation- 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
316 S. Blackwelder Avenue Okc, Ok 73108
Program Cost- Free
Funded by the Department of Veteran Services