Veteran SSVF Program
Supportive Services for Veteran Families
Our Supportive Services for Veteran Families Program (SSVF) exists to provide temporary supportive services to very low-income Veteran families who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. Through SSVF rapid re-housing and homelessness prevention services, veteran households will be supported in maintaining long-term housing stability.
How it works:
Centralized intake is provided by Heartline 211 twenty-four hours a day seven days a week, where candidates are screened, unmet needs are assessed and identified, community referrals are provided, and/or eligible Veterans are referred for supportive services provided by Goodwill Industries of Central Oklahoma and/or Legal Aid Services of Oklahoma. In addition to this, Goodwill Industries of Central Oklahoma also has an on-site screener available 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Please come in person to our corporate offices located at 316 S. Blackwelder Avenue located in Oklahoma City. You may also call at 405.326.6981 for an eligibility screening.
Services provided within the SSVF Program include:
- OUTREACH – Goodwill staff provides outreach services in the following counties: Canadian, Logan, Seminole, Lincoln, Pottawatomie, Cleveland, and Oklahoma. They also attend community functions and collaborate with additional veteran services providers to reach Veterans wherever they may be.
- CASE MANAGEMENT – Case managers will assist participants with matching unmet needs with resources both internally and externally. In collaboration with the veteran, a personalized housing stability plan focused on long-term housing stability will be created.
- EMPLOYMENT CONSULTANT – SSVF Participants will have access to specialized employment training, job readiness assistance, individualized employment counseling and skills assessment. Referrals to external resources to assist with employment needs will also be made.
- HOUSING NAVIGATOR – Licensed Real Estate agent will provide Landlord-Tenant Mediation, Housing Counseling, inspections, and assistance finding a home that meets the needs of the Veteran household.
- LEGAL ASSISTANCE – Legal Aid Services of Oklahoma will provide each participant with individualized counseling services to help resolve housing barriers and assist with applying for public housing benefits.
- BENEFITS ASSISTANCE – Connection to additional VA resources as well as assistance with applying for and/or increasing military disability compensation and social security income are also provided to veterans in need.
Additional services include:
- Emergency Housing Stability Assistance
- Temporary Financial Assistance
- VA Benefits Assistance
- Public and Community Assistance
- Referrals to other services including: health care, health insurance, education services, daily living services, personal financial planning services and child care services.
For more information about Goodwill of Central Oklahoma’s SSVF program, dial 211 or call 405.326.6981.
Cost – free
Hours of Operation- 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
316 S. Blackwelder Avenue Okc, Ok 73108
Program Cost- Free
Funded by the Department of Veteran Services